Try this Asian Lettuce Wrap at Home with your family and friends. The best appetizer that they will surely love. This easy appetizer is perfect for all occasion even ordinary day.
- 16 Butter lettuce leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar/ chinkiang vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced pickled ginger
- 1 dash Asian chile pepper, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir beef and cooking oil in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain and discard grease; transfer beef to a bowl.
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet used for beef until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, organic soy sauce, chinkiang vinegar, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and chile pepper into onions.
- Add water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked beef; cook and stir until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and pile meat mixture in the center.